Founded in 1934, TopCat Markets is a fifth-generation, family-owned business serving the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina and East Tennessee with petroleum products and convenience stores.
Lewis Oil Company was formed under Ernest Lewis and his son T. C. who operated two Esso affiliated service stations on either end of downtown Sylva, North Carolina - Lewis Esso. Over the years, Esso became Exxon and business continued to expand. Tim Lewis (T.C.'s son) began leading the company in the late 1980's maintaining the Exxon distributorship, adding a Valero distributorship, and re-branding
the convenience stores as TopCat Markets, Inc.
TopCat was T.C.'s nickname during his service in
the United States Air Force. They now operate as
their own, separate entity.
Lewis Oil Company is now a distributor of Exxon,
Mobil, Valero, and TimCo branded fuels, a supplier of
premium heating oil, Kerosene, On and Off-Road diesel
fuel, Laser Heating Systems, high quality lubricants, unbranded gasoline, wholesale fuel, and much more. Tim's wife Margie serves as Executive Vice President of the company. Their sons Cory (wife Haize and kids) and Cody (wife Melissa and son) getting involved make Lewis Oil Company a fifth generation family-owned business,
maintaining the belief that there is no substitution for the integrity, work ethic, and customer care that family ownership provides.
Picture (L to R): T.C. Lewis, Ernest Lewis, Duane Lewis
Circa 1940's - Sylva, North Carolina